Friday, June 24, 2011

Fans of 70's spacey electronic progressive rock. What do you think of the Italian band Sensations' Fix?

I've been a record collector for many years, and for awhile during the
70's I was turned onto the whole Italian Prog scene; Le Orme, PFM,
Arti  Mestieri, RDM, Area, Banco, Aqua Fragile, etc...the list goes
on and on.
Anyways, Sensations' Fix were always one of my favourite Italian
bands...mixing elements of experimental electronic with full blown
prog rock. Their sound was based around the creative
multi-instrumentalist talents of Franco Falsini
(guitar/keyboards/vocals). For their first couple albums they were a
3-piece, but expanded to four members by the time of their "Finest
Finger" LP (1976).

Recently I uploaded a video to YouTube featuring a few songs from
their 'Portable Madness' and 'Finest Finger' LP's. My video contains
imagery taken from various photos/scans of my personal vinyl LP
jacket/cover, labels etc. The audio is also sourced from my
vinyl...I've also included a band bio within the "Show More" section
below the video player...

Sensations Fix - The Next Place Of Nobody / Pasty Day Resistance / The
Left Side Of The Green / A Little Bit More On The Curve...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGSE63nel1Afeature=channel_video_title

People who don't care for 70's Progressive Rock, or Electronic
Experimental will no doubt have trouble relating to or enjoying this
style of music.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment